We do not have any openings for manufacturing labor positions presently. We do have a Manufacturing Engineering position open:
We are seeking a manufacturing engineer in Marion, NC to lead several key initiatives reporting directly to the Plant Manager. We have a solid customer base and strong potential for growth. Our primary products include gas valves, fittings, gas manifolds, fabricated tubes and several other gas related products.
We offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity to be a key part of the management team. The successful candidate will demonstrate hands on capability and shop floor presence.
1. Lead the effort to improve shop floor processes, tooling, equipment, and training to ensure quality and productivity. This may include design or re-design of work-holding fixtures, gauging fixtures, cutting tools etc.
2. Develop and review existing processes on a part by part basis to guarantee conformance to customer expectations and profitability.
3. Work closely with Sales Department and Design Engineering to develop cost models for new products.
4. Implement lean manufacturing initiatives including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, Preventative Maintenance, SMED, KANBAN, and waste elimination.
5. Work in concert with our Coorporate Quality Director on customer issues. Work directly with shop personnel to determine true root cause and corrective actions. Support ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
6. Monitor and implement cost savings measures relative to tooling, maintenance, alternative manufacturing methods, first time through quality, rework, scrap, and productivity improvements.
1. Proven Project Management and Multi-Tasking skills
2. CNC Lathe and CNC Mill Programming Experience
3. Work-Holding and Gauging Fixture Design Experience
4. Strong written communication skills
5. Robotic Programming and CNC Tube Bending Experience a plus
6. Hands-On Experience in a fast-paced metal manufacturing environment. Multi-Spindle Screw Machine Experience a big plus.
7. Experience in metal removal and welding fabrication
8. Proficiency in all MS Office tools, plus CAD experience
9. Four year technical degree minimum and manufacturing experience required. Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and 5S background would be a plus.
Please contact our Company President – Jim Kuhn
828-655-1700 ext. 106